Interesting article shared by Joe Huber! Would make for some good discussion at next week's Wimba! Not required! If you are interested, here's the link.
Rena, thanks for posting a link to that article. I still haven't read Future Shock, but I think this is the 50th time I've seen it referenced within the last year or so. I completely agree with Alvin's points. As a business professional who moved into teaching, the urgencies I feel every day in the office are often not matched at the administrative level in education. Not to mention, in order to really engage diverse student interest, I think we will need community support to bring real world validation into our classrooms. Thanks again, I'm going to use "obsoledge" sometime soon...
Rena, thanks for posting a link to that article. I still haven't read Future Shock, but I think this is the 50th time I've seen it referenced within the last year or so. I completely agree with Alvin's points. As a business professional who moved into teaching, the urgencies I feel every day in the office are often not matched at the administrative level in education. Not to mention, in order to really engage diverse student interest, I think we will need community support to bring real world validation into our classrooms. Thanks again, I'm going to use "obsoledge" sometime soon...
ReplyDelete